Shop Disney has just posted a new Loungefly mini backpack for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary and at a 50th Anniversary upcharge.
Normally the Disney Loungefly, mini backpacks run $75-$90 range but this one is marked 50th anniversary so it’s…….$298.00. It is also leather so that does make it a bit pricier, but $300 still seems high.
That’s right, since it’s made to be anniversary merchandise the price is three to four times more than average. Got to get those profits up to justify executive bonuses and jobs to the board.
Let’s see what you get for your almost $300.
“This magical mini backpack is the gold standard in stylish carry-alls. Loungefly’s shimmering genuine leather bag commemorates Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary with a die-cut Cinderella Castle appliqué and metal ”50” logo. The metal-edged Mickey ears add an iconic accent.
- Genuine leather mini backpack
- Dimensional ears with metal edging
- Cinderella Castle appliqué with gold thread embroidered details
- Metal ”50” logo apppliqué
- Diamond pattern with ”50” and Cinderella Castles inside
- Double zipper main compartment
- Side slip pockets
- Front zip pocket
- Loungefly logo metal pulls
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Top carry handle
- Lining features ”50” logo pattern
- Goldtone finish hardware
- Black trims
- Disney Parks x Loungefly logo label plate on side
- Part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Luxe Logo Collection
“Luxe” just means they are charging you a bunch more for an item that cost them a tad more than usual.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.