The irony of The Empire Strikes Back is that if Luke had just stayed to train with Yoda, his friends would have still made it out of Bespin. He ultimately changed nothing aside from getting his butt whipped by his papa. Is there Child Protective Services in a galaxy far, far away?
Now we can relive Luke’s humiliating defeat with this hyper-detailed figure from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles. This 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker depicts Luke just before he started getting roughed up by Darth Vader. Luke comes with two interchangeable heads, an LED-powered lightsaber, and a fabric outfit.
The Deluxe Version of Luke is priced at $345, but he won’t be arriving until sometime between July and December of next year. The difference between this version and the standard is the inclusion of a Dagobah base and the decapitated Vader/Luke head from the Force cave.
The highly-accurate Luke Skywalker collectible figure is skillfully crafted based on his appearance in the movie. It features a head sculpt with remarkable likeness and separate rolling eyeballs, two styles of interchangeable hair sculptures, finely tailored outfit, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a carbon-freezing chamber themed base!
Bespin Luke will come with the following features and accessories:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- One (1) newly painted head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
- Newly developed brown hair sculpture with magnetic features
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 28 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) pair of gestured hand
- One (1) left fist
- One (1) open left hand
- One (1) right hand for blaster pistol holding
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) tan colored jacket with pockets
- One (1) pair of tan-colored pants
- One (1) brown-colored utility belt with blaster holster
- One (1) pair of beige-colored boots
- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (blue light, battery operated)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt
- One (1) blue-colored blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) blaster pistol
- One (1) Luke’s severed head in Vader helmet
- One (1) Dagobah swamp diorama themed base
- One (1) Dagobah themed interchangeable graphic card
- One (1) specially designed carbon-freezing chamber themed base with character name and LED light-up function (orange light, battery operated)
What do you think of this latest Luke Skywalker figure from Hot Toys? I think it is one of the battery sculpts of Mark Hamill’s face in a while. However, I’d prefer if he came with a head that matches his look at the end of the duel, where he’s a little more beaten up.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
[Source: Sideshow Collectibles]
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.