Disney has put up a press release about the upcoming Disney Investor Day 2020 webcast taking place today, December 10, 2020.
The four hour event is going to focus on the new “direct-to-consumer” direction with their streaming services. It will begin at 1:30 PM PST/ 4:30 PM EST.
To watch the webcast you can visit HERE where they will let you start to come in “up to one hour prior to the presentation to test and optimize your connection.”
It will be archived as well.
Here’s what viewers can expect according to Disney:
I’m especially interested in the bolded section. Looking towards content and pricing information. Hoping that’s about the launches with Star and other markets and not increased pricing for Disney+ in current markets.
Of course the rumor is that we will be getting more information on the upcoming shows from Marvel and Lucasfilm. I’m also expecting to hear an announcement from Disney about theatrical releases in response Warner’s announcement regarding their 2021 movie slate being put temporarily on HBOMax.
“Information in this presentation, including financial estimates and statements such as those regarding expected results, growth, profitability, losses, expenses and performance metrics; expectations about general markets, markets we may serve and our potential consumer or subscriber base, including size, growth, composition, geography, consumption and other information; statements regarding the future of our offerings (including our direct-to-consumer offerings) including content, launch dates and timing, availability, investment, expense, pricing, technical performance and capabilities, advertising, marketing and other expectations and plans regarding our products; our plans for the structure or financial reporting of our businesses; and other statements that are not historical facts may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are made on the basis of management’s views and assumptions regarding future events and business performance as of the time the statements are made. We are not under any obligation, and we expressly disclaim any obligation, to update, alter, or otherwise revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements which speak only as of the date hereof. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results might differ materially from those discussed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements. Such differences may result from actions taken by the Company, including restructuring or strategic initiatives (including capital investments or asset acquisitions or dispositions), from execution risk in technology, service promotion, or creative development as well as from developments beyond the Company’s control, including:
- further changes in domestic and global economic conditions and competitive conditions;
- health concerns;
- consumer preferences; willingness to pay for an expanding set of direct-to-consumer services; and performance of the markets in which we operate, including the pay television ecosystem;
- government regulation, including revised foreign content and ownership regulations;
- poor quality broadband infrastructure in certain markets;
- international, political, or military developments;
- technological developments;
- labor markets and activities; and
- adverse weather conditions or natural disasters;
- demand for our products and services;
- performance of our direct-to-consumer technology platforms;
- performance of the Company’s theatrical and original direct-to-consumer releases;
- the advertising market for entertainment programming and services;
- expenses of providing medical and pension benefits;
- income tax expense; and
- performance or operations of some or all company businesses either directly or through their impact on those who distribute our products.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.