I knew this was coming because other cruise lines were canceling due to the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) that the suspension of cruises from the US was moving until October 31, 2020.
Now Disney Cruise Line has announced the extensions for their suspension for sailings departing from the United States through October 31, 2020, and some going even into November.
Of course if you you have paid in full already you can choose either a full refund or 125% cruise credit on a future sailing to be used prior to May 31,2022, which has been extended two months from the previous March, 2022 deadline.
Those who haven’t paid in full will receive a refund for what they paid.
Disney Cruise Line Blog posted an example of the letters going out:
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.
In alignment with yesterday’s announcement from Cruise Lines International Association regarding the voluntary extension of suspended passenger operations from U.S. ports until at least October 31, 2020, Disney Cruise Line is cancelling Disney Fantasy sailings through October 30, 2020. This means that your sailing has been cancelled.
In light of this cancellation, we are offering Guests who have paid their reservation in full the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing prior to May 31, 2022, or a full refund. The credit will be automatically added to your account on Friday, August 7, 2020. Once you have decided on an alternate sail date, you may contact your travel agent. Your agent may place a reservation on hold for you by applying this credit as a payment option when booking a new reservation online beginning Friday, August 7, 2020. Guests that have not paid their reservations in full will automatically receive a refund of what they have paid so far.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.
The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line
*The Future Cruise Credit is equal to 125% of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. The FCC is only valid for sailings departing prior to May 31, 2022. Your original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If you end up not being able to use the FCC, you will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC.”
Here are the cancelled sailings:
- Sunday October 4, 2020– 6 Night TCM Classic Cruise 2020
- Saturday October 10, 2020– 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Tuesday October 13, 2020– 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Friday October 16, 2020– 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Monday October 19, 2020– 4 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Friday October 23, 2020– 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Monday October 26, 2020– 4 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Friday October 30, 2020– 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Friday October 2, 2020 3 Night Bahamian Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Sunday November 1, 2020 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Sunday November 8, 2020 5 Night Western Caribbean Cruise leaving Port Canaveral
- Monday October 12, 2020– 5 Night Bermuda Cruise leaving New York
- Saturday October 17, 2020– 5 Night Canadian Cruise leaving New York
- Thursday October 22, 2020– 5 Night Bermuda Cruise leaving New York
- Tuesday October 27, 2020– 5 Night Bermuda Cruise leaving New York
- Sunday November 1, 2020 — 6 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from New York to San Juan
- Saturday November 7, 2020– 5 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan to Miami
- Sunday October 4, 2020– 5 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Friday October 9, 2020– 3 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Monday October 12, 2020– 4 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Friday October 16, 2020 — 2 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Sunday October 18, 2020 — 5 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Friday October 23, 2020 — 5 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Wednesday October 28, 2020 — 4 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Sunday November 1, 2020– 5 Night Baja Cruise leaving San Diego
- Friday November 6, 2020– 14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise leaving San Diego
This eliminates all the Halloween cruises and the start of some of the Christmas holiday cruises. The next available cruises are:
Disney Dream – Friday December 4, 2020 — 3 night Bahamas leaving Port Canaveral
Disney Magic – Thursday December 3, 2020 — 4-Night Bahamas Cruise leaving Miami
Disney Fantasy– Sunday December 6, 2020 — 6 night Western Caribbean leaving Port Canaveral
Disney Wonder– Tuesday December 1, 2020 — 4 night Western Caribbean leaving Galveston
Keep this in mind moving forward. We were hearing that cruises would likely be cancelled for the entirety of 2020. That hasn’t happened yet, but it’s looking like it could be a strong possibility.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Source: Disney Cruise Line Blog
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.