As prices go on increasing at Walt Disney World, guests continue to look for ways to save money on their Orlando area vacation. Since an average Walt Disney World family vacation costs at least 10% more now than two years ago, people explore ways to cut vacation expenses. One of most common ways involves staying off-site for your Walt Disney World vacation. Of course, if you select to stay off-site, you might lose some perks such as bus transportation from your hotel and early theme park admission. With current crowd levels at Walt Disney World theme parks, those perks retain solid value.
One potential solution to this dilemma involves selecting a Disney Spring area hotel for your vacation. In February 2022, I enjoyed staying at The B Resort and Spa located in Disney Springs area. This hotel offers quality rooms generally with more space than comparable on-site Walt Disney World hotels (for less expense in most cases). Since I have previously written about key reasons to love and the reasons to dislike the B Resort, you can consult those articles. However, if you are looking to cut some vacation budget expense for your next Walt Disney World vacation, hotels like The B Resort and Spa should be considered.
The Walt Disney World hotel bubble offers a wonderful experience. Still, if you can cut 20% or more off you accommodation expense without losing too many vacation perks then you can see appeal of a Disney Spring area hotel. Let me list a few that The B Resort and Spa offered to help frame this idea.
- Dedicated shuttle will pick you up at your hotel. Upon check-in, you will be given instructions on how to book your time with those shuttles. If you are traveling without a car, you will want this advantage.
- Early theme park entry is included when staying at partner hotel like The B Resort. The shuttles will get you there early enough to take advantage of this perk. Yes, you will be dropped off at the Transportation and Ticket Center to go to Mafic Kingdom so prepare for that. Still, depending on price point, that inconvenience might well be worth the savings.
- The Disney Springs hotels offer an easy walk to Disney Springs area. I will be writing more about that in future articles. However, if a visit to Disney Springs will be a part of your vacation, the Disney Spring area hotels give you far easier access than most of the Walt Disney World hotels. Being so close to Disney Springs means you can take advantage of some surprisingly good dining deals.
- Mears Connect shuttle service from Orlando International Airport (MCO) drops off at Disney Spring area hotels. This process works same for Disney Spring hotels as for Walt Disney World hotels. In addition, Mears Connect offers efficient and cost-effective shuttle options from Disney Springs area to Universal Orlando and other locations
- Though this varies at Disney Spring hotels, The B Resort, for example, offers a grab and go quick service food option known as The Pick-Up. If you want to get your Joffrey’s coffee before heading to the parks, then you can. That sound far better than waiting in line at an on-site food court. The Pick-Up, for example, offers various quick service style food options. In addition, products at a place like this will cost less than on Walt Disney World property.
- Disney Spring area hotels offers some excellent table service dining options. Of course, you can walk to Disney Springs for the dining there. Also, most of the Disney Spring area hotels offers quality table service dining. For example, The American Kitchen Bar and Grill, located within the B Resort property serves quality table service food
If money is no object, then staying at a deluxe level Walt Disney World hotel creates a wonderful vacation. Yet, money matters to almost all vacationers. The probability better accommodations at a lower price without too much sacrifice should cause consideration of Disney Springs area hotels. Yes, you will need to factor in resort fees and parking fees when calculating your final price. However, in many cases, the savings over a Walt Disney World hotel might save you some valuable vacation budget money. As Orlando area vacation become more complicated in planning, guests should consider the Disney Springs area hotels. Thanks for reading and good luck planning your next Orlando area vacation.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.