What if Ultron won? What if he took possession of the Vision, the Mind Stone, and the rest of the Infinity Gems? That is the question and the greatest episode in Disney+’s What If…? series. An unstoppable machine with infinity power and a desire to eliminate all life from the universe … and then from the multi-verse.
Hot Toys is producing the What If version of Ultron, complete with cape, lance, and glowing Infinity Stones. He’ll stand at 15.35″ tall and run $425. He can be pre-ordered now via Sideshow, but the release window isn’t until the fourth quarter of 2022.
Skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Infinity Ultron in the animated series, the diecast figure (standing 39cm in height) features a newly developed helmeted head sculpt with LED light-up function on eyes and Mind Stone; highly-detailed helmet with LED light-up function and magnetic flip-up design; multiple layers of titanium grey and matted gold paint application on the armor embedded with LED-light up Infinity Stones; most noticeable for its signature double-headed spear; and figure stand.
Features and accessories:
- One (1) newly helmeted head sculpt with LED light-up function on eyes and Mind Stone (battery operated)
- Helmet with LED light-up function (battery operated) and magnetic flip-up design to reveal details of face sculpt and skin texture
- Specially applied metallic red-violet skin tone to reflect character’s distinctive appearance
- Approximately 39cm tall
- Specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Titanium grey and matted gold-colored painting on Infinity Ultron armor
- Infinity Stones mounted on armor with LED light-up function (battery operated)
- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers
- One (1) pair spear holding hands
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Although the figure is based on a cel-shaded CGI version of the character, Hot Toys’ interpretation looks good enough to stand in for the live-action one.
What are your thoughts on Ultron’s appearance in the series? Let us know in the comments.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.