Walt Disney World Just Cancelled Reservations Through June 6

(Photo Credit: Pinterest)

Walt Disney World has just cancelled reservations through June 6th. Of course this wasn’t very surprising as they have cancelled other events for June and they are now taking bookings only for July 1 and later.

While Walt Disney World is accepting bookings for July, Senior Vice President Thomas Mazloum told the Orlando Economic Relief Task Force, that it didn’t necessarily mean a July opening for the parks. So we will likely see more cancellations moving forward.

WDWNT posted the following notice:

It says:

Important: Disney Resort Hotel Closures
In keeping with our focus on the well-being of our Guests and Cast Members during these rapidly changing times, Disney Resort hotels and theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort  are currently closed until further notice.

Your upcoming travel dates are impacted by these closures.  You have the option to modify or cancel your Disney Resort hotel reservation or Walt Disney Travel Company package up
to your original check-in date. If no action is taken, we will  process any refund due to your original form of payment if a payment had been made. If you did not book through Disney
directly, please contact your Travel Professional. Note that  cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as nonrefundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

If you wish to reschedule your vacation for a later time this year, please call 407-939-4251 or your Travel Professional.

Rest assured, we will continue to monitor the situation and  make timely decisions based on expert guidance. For the latest information, please visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates. We thank you for your continued understanding, and we hope to see ya real soon!

This is apparently affecting those with reservations in the range of May 31-June 6, 2020 as of right now. The upside is that you can rebook without fees, but now they aren’t offering the dining package they were offering guests with rebooking before.

What do you think? Comment and let us know.

Source: WDWNT

 


Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.