During the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting to day, Jim McPhee, Senior Vice President of Operations, Walt Disney World, gave a presentation to the committee about reopening.
Mayor Demings was able to preview the plans before the meeting and they have already been inspected by the teams to ensure CDC compliance.
The meeting was led by George Aguel, President of Visit Orlando and co-chair of the committee. SeaWorld presented first and indicated their intention to reopen on June 10th-11th.
Walt Disney World will reopen on:
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11th and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios on July 15th.
You will have to have a reservation for park entry IN ADVANCE.
They will “deploy” some soft openings for cast previews several days ahead of the opening date.
Here are the protocols Disney is initiating:
They will be enhanced protective measures:
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Hand washing stations
- Barriers for social distancing
- Physical Distancing
- Reduce capacity across the parks
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization
- More frequent protocols for both Cast Members and Guests
- Temperature screenings like Disney Springs at Main Entrance of parks
- Cast Members must check temperature at home and on site
- Reduce the number of contact points
- Increased mobile food order
- Temporarily pausing meet and greet and play areas
- Pre-arrival theme park reservation system
- reducing capacity on modes of transportation
- Temporarily suspend pardes, fireworks or any event that attracts crowds
- Changes to back-of-house for physical distancing for Cast Members
- Multi-tiered approach to cleaning and sanitization
- Magic Bands and contactless payment systems will be in use
- Encouraging cashless payments
- Suspending character meet-and-greets
- Suspending some water effects
Education, Communication, and Engagement
They are developing strategies and tactics related to Education, Communication and Engagement.
Know before you go communication- reinforce health and safety so they are prepared
Ongoing communication. They will be reminded of protocols and arrival and key points.
They will be visible on-stage and back-stage areas.
Cast Members will be trained to positively exhibit behaviors and demonstrate them.
Social Distance Squad- Social Distancing Squad Cast Members like we saw at Disney Springs.
Temperature Screening and Entrance Signage
Reminder signage for guests to remember to follow guidelines
Signage will be deployed at all locations attractions, rides, shopping, etc.
Signs will be prominently displayed throughout the park areas to make sure guests continue to follow them and understand social distancing guidelines.
They are now implementing their work and starting with training for Cast Members.
No mention of water parks. SeaWorld and Universal Orlando are reopening theirs.
You can watch the video below
Field Inspection Information:
The plan was approved by the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force now the Mayor will send it to the Governor’s Office for final approval.
What do you think? Comment and let us know.