The holiday season is upon us and if you venture to Walt Disney World during this time you can see some amazing gingerbread buildings. You can also try some special treats as well!
Here’s what you can see at the Walt Disney World Resort!
The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa!
Starting on November 9, over at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa you can experience “this life-sized storybook gingerbread house made from a classic Austrian recipe. This house is adorned with white chocolate, candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and 25 – yes, 25 – hidden Mickeys! Along the porches, you’ll find an 85-pound chocolate Santa, nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that have all been hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team.”
To reflect the 50th Anniversary celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort, guests can purchase items featuring the EARidescent colors of the celebration. Pins, mugs, ornaments and treats can be purchased.
Goodies will also be available at the Gingerbread House including:
- Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
- New items like the Gingerbread Latte Whoopie Pie and Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Caramel Pecan Fudge Bar
- Gluten-friendly, plant-based, and no sugar added treats
- Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the Chocolate Mickey Ornament, exclusive to the Combo Box
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge guests can see a life-sized baby gingerbread giraffe and baby zebra, starting on November 23.
On December 6 a Gingeraffe Cookie will be available.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort features a the classic gingerbread carousel!
“This carousel and its horses are masterfully created with chocolate, sugar, and fondant along with hand-painted characters and hand-crafted gingerbread shingles and snowflakes decorating the display. What makes this year even more special is that all the horses celebrate a different Disney princess.”
There are also limited edition pins, mugs, holiday ornaments and treats including:
- Signature Stollen Bread
- Candied Pecans (Plant-based)
- Trio of Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Snowman
- Crispy Rice Treat
- Chocolate Mickey Cookie (New)
- Peppermint Bark
- Gingerbread Shingle
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
- Gingerbread Cookie (Gluten-Friendly)
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn will also feature a new display featuring the Boardwalk itself!
The display will return on November 17.
Treats will also be available including:
- Mickey and Minnie Sugar Cookies
- BoardWalk Mickey Sugar Cookie (New)
- Giant Gingerbread Mickey Cookie (New)
- Gluten-Friendly & Plant-based Gingerbread Mickey Cookie
- Artisan Peppermint Marshmallows (New)
- Carnival Bark (New)
- Gingerbread Frost Cocktail
Disney’s Contemporary Resort has a 50th Anniversary themed castle:
It will open on November 11 at 11:00 a.m. The Mary Blair-inspired castle was “designed by Walt Disney Imagineers and will feature a brand-new 50th anniversary overlay… and 11 hidden 5-legged goats!”
Of course there will be treats including:
- 50th Anniversary Gingerbread Castle Brick (New)
- Family Tradition Cookie Box featuring a Coconut Macaroon from Chef Jeff’s family, a Sugar Cookie from Chef Kelly’s family, a Butterball from Chef Amber’s family, and a Kitchen Sink Cookie representing all the Cast in the Bakery coming together to bring this display back! (New)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- Linzer Cookie
- Gluten-friendly 5-Legged Goat Sugar Cookie (New)
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Holiday Bar (New)
- Hot Cocoa Bombs (New)
- Frozen drinks with optional alcohol floaters:
- Frozen Coquito with a rum floater
- Frozen Hot Chocolate with peppermint schnapps
- Frozen Apple Cider with a fireball floater
The American Adventure will also feature their annual gingerbread displays starting on November 25.
Displays include “gingerbread versions of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, The American Adventure building with Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue, and a Festival Kiosk. ”
If you would like to drink your gingerbread a Gingerbread Martini will be available across the gingerbread display resorts!
This drink features: “Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery.”
The Gingerbread Martini will be available for purchase at the following locations:
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa:
- Grand Floridian Café
- Enchanted Rose
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- Boma: Flavors of Africa
Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Chef Mickey’s
- Outer Rim
Disney’s Beach Club Resort:
- Dinner at Cape May Café
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.