Walt Disney World Resort has now changed some of their resort hotel reopening dates with some being postponed until a later date and some being closed “until further notice.”
Two resort hotels are now being postponed:
“In addition, we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates. Please note that the reopening dates have been revised for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.”
Now you can see that Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, which was set to open on August 12, 2020, has been moved to October 4, 2020. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort was set to open on August 12 as well and has now been moved to November 1, 2020.
Here is the current listing of upcoming reopenings:
This was the listing from July 9, 2020.
As you can see they have been changed.
Disney also removed Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn from the listing entirely and they now remain closed indefinitely.
Here’s the statement from Disney:
“While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated.
Future reopening dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.
Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.
While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests.
We continue to assist Guests with current hotel reservations for 2020, modifying travel plans as needed.”
These are the resorts now open:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Keep this in mind moving forward. I fully expect more changes as the reopening progresses.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!