However, since some of the resort may remained closed or operating in a limited capacity, not all Cast Member positions will be available. As such, Disney is offering full-time unionized cast members the option to transfer to another available position.
Supposedly this is a temporary transfer. But what happens is positions that were available before the COVID-19 shutdown are simply eliminated altogether?
We’ve had some Disney insiders reach out to us and say that a transfer would include working for whatever wage that position pays. Some Cast Members, understandably, aren’t happy about it.
So if a Cast Member was making $20/hour before the shutdown and their position is not currently available, they could transfer to another position… at that position’s current pay rate. So that $20/hour Cast Member could theoretically be making much less if they’re working an attraction vs. an administrative position.
This appears to be voluntary, according to a post by TCU Lodge 1908 on Facebook. Here is what they posted yesterday afternoon…
***ATTENTION ALL TCU MEMBERS!***🚨
One time Voluntary Temporary Transfer (Full time):
This MOU is for those who:
• Want to get back to work as soon as possible you can opt to take a voluntary temporary transfer.
• For those that have expressed interest that you want to get back to work and you don’t care what role you are performing.
o There will be a one-call that goes out to all full-timers before recalls start
o You will have a minimum of 72 hours to go on to the HUB and Volunteer for a one-time TEMPORARY transfer
o There will be a list of positions that you will be able to choose from. You can pick as many or as few as you would like. (Please see the MOU for a list of the positions)
o Once all of the full-timers in the location are recalled, the company will proceed through the list of Vol transfers to fill the remaining full-time needs in those areas
o You will go back to your previous role once it reopens in seniority order
o You will be paid at the rate of the new location of pay.
This MOU is NOT meant for those whom:
• Have an underlying health condition and do not want to return to work at this time in a new role.
• Have a dependent with an underlying health condition and do not want to return to work at this time in a new roll
• You only want to be recalled into your same job/classification
*If you choose not to volunteer you will remain on furlough until your job/classification is recalled. This will not impact your unemployment. This is truly a VOLUNTEER Paid opportunity.
• Part-timers will be recalled after full-timers in the classification
• Existing days of availability will be honored once you are recalled (you will still be able to add extra availability like you do today)
• All preexisting time off requests will be honored.
• If you need a thermometer to check your temp at home before reporting to work, upon request the company will provide one.
• If you have to self-isolate because of exposure to Covid-19 at work, the WDW company will notify you and you will be paid for missed shifts.
• If you test positive for Covid-19 and provide the proper documentation to health services, you will be paid for missed shifts for up to 2 weeks.😷
More info to follow soon so please share and ask your friends to follow us for more updates and recall information.✊
We’ll keep you posted on the latest developments as Disney begins to fire up its theme parks again.