Walt Disney Imagineering has teamed up with Disney owned ABC to create a new interactive video series called “Imagine From Home.” They are now now available on ABC Owned Television Stations’ 32 connected TV apps across Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and on imaginefromhome.com.
Each episode will show Imagineers giving you step-by-step instructions to craft or draw projects based on Disney parks attractions with items you likely have at home. You can expect projects using soap bottles, cardboard, and more.
There will be five episodes in total:
- Draw Your Castle with Imagineer Amy Young – Viewers learn to draw iconic Disney Castles with one of Imagineering’s principal interior designers. A co-creator of Disney Paper Parks, which allows guests to bring the magic of Disney Parks to their homes by constructing Disney attractions, lands and other locations out of paper, Amy enjoyed hosting this drawing tutorial because she is able to be with the audience during the whole drawing process.
- Build Your R2 Droid with Imagineer Matthew Jamieson Abiva – Matthew demonstrates how to transform common household items, like soap dispensers and corks, into an R2 droid. He is happy to show you the process because it symbolizes what Imagineers do – use imagination and creativity to develop a design!
- Draw Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with Imagineer Reid Ekman – From the overall scene to the tiniest of details, learn step-by-step how to create Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with concept designer, Reid, who often creates models out of paper and clay.
- Make Your Castle Night Light with former Imagineer Elisabeth Papadopoulos –Learn to use simple household items to create a castle night light with Elisabeth, who has worked as a producer and production designer at Walt Disney Imagineering. In her previous role as liaison between creative and concept development teams and design and production disciplines, she has organized and overseen the design and fabrication of many show elements including scenery, props, graphics, special effects, Audio-Animatronics figures, media, and more.
- Make Your Small World Animated Scene with Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen – Follow along step-by-step to learn how to turn cardboard into an animated scene, inspired by the beloved “it’s a small world” attraction. Xiao Qing describes her Imagineering designs as collaboration tools to move projects forward; most recently she has been working on the Fantasy Springs expansion at Tokyo DisneySea and EPCOT’s Journey of Water.
Here is a list of the ABC owned TV station apps that offer the download:
“ ABC7/WABC-TV New York, ABC7/KABC-TV Los Angeles, ABC7/WLS-TV Chicago, 6ABC/WPVI-TV Philadelphia, ABC7/KGO-TV San Francisco, ABC13/KTRK-TV Houston, ABC11/WTVD-TV Raleigh-Durham, and ABC30/KFSN-TV Fresno.”
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.