Good news for all you Universal Orlando fans! The theme park has announced that they will reopen the water park on February 27th.
Universal’s Volcano Bay will reopen on February 27th from its seasonal closure. pic.twitter.com/AktzI1YZRa
— Universal Orlando Resort (@UniversalORL) February 4, 2021
It was closed for the season, but now it’s coming back and I noticed that they chose to reopen days before Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park that isn’t scheduled to reopen until March 7th.
Please remember to follow the safety guidelines:
“Overall, Universal’s Volcano Bay follows the same guidelines and procedures as the other theme parks. Some of the specific measures we’re taking to implement social distancing at Volcano Bay include:
- Limited capacity on each attraction – including rivers and pools
- For multi-person raft rides, only one travel party is allowed to ride in a single raft. Please note that Volcano Bay’s standard height and weight requirements will be applicable.
- Lounge chairs are placed in a fashion that allows travel parties to sit together, while also maintaining at least six feet of distance between other guests.
- Face coverings are required in restaurants, retail locations and as you enter and exit the park, and we also encourage you to wear face coverings while walking around the park.
- Face coverings are not permitted on slides and in pools.
- Face coverings are required for team members in “dry” roles. Team members who have “wet” roles, such as lifeguards, will wear a balaclava when they cannot socially distance.
- These will not be worn on slides or in pools for safety reasons.“
You can learn more by visiting the Universal Orlando website.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.