The 1980s live on at this Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. After a fright night, guests can feast on 80s treats inspired by Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and more.
The food itself is impressive, but it’s incredibly cool to see Starcourt Mall represented. It was the primary location of Stranger Things 3, and really sells the 1980s vibe.
Here’s the menu from Universal Orlando PR…
Netflix’s “Stranger Things” Inspired Food
- Starcourt Mall: Guests can visit Universal Orlando’s very own Starcourt Mall food stands themed after the popular shopping center in Hawkins, Indiana and dine on specialized dishes and sweet treats
- Hawkins Heroes: Choose from a variety of classic sandwiches – from a turkey, roast beef and ham hero served with Hawkins special sauce or a veggie hero topped with roasted Portobello mushrooms, squash and zucchini
- Imperial Panda: Here, guests can enjoy an orange chicken bao bun served with mouth-watering pot stickers and ginger soy sauce
- Sweet Treats
- Triple Decker Extravaganza: It’s back! Inspired by Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza – this popular waffle dessert filled with whipped cream and jelly beans returns to this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights”
Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters Inspired Food
- Trap Popcorn: Coming in a Ghost Trap inspired container, a piece of equipment that allowed the Ghostbusters to transport spirits, this deliciously salty Slimer-green treat is the perfect snack to munch on while walking through the streets of New York.
Fan-Favorites & ‘80s Inspired Menu Items
- Pizza Fries: A “Halloween Horror Nights” fan-favorite, these must-try fries are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese
- S’mores Fries: Pizza fries with a twist! These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows
- Twisted Tater: Choose from Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Salt and Vinegar
- Specialty Drinks: From the tasty Syrup & Waffles and Candy Corn non-alcoholic frozen drinks to ‘80s inspired cocktails like the “Blood Pit-Fuzzy Navel” and “Vampire’s Curse” – there’s a variety of specialty drinks for everyone
CityWalk Food Offerings
- Voodoo Doughnut: Guests can choose from a delicious Vampire Bar filled with Bavarian Cream or Netflix’s “Stranger Things” inspired Christmas tree or waffle-themed donuts filled with Maple Bavarian Cream
- Jacque O-Lantern: This cinnamon and pumpkin flavored shake gives all the Halloween feels and can be found at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
Halloween Horror Nights runs on select nights from September 6 to November 2, the most terrifying names in horror will take over Universal Studios Florida, as the sun sets on days filled with thrills and the night awakens with a frightening chill for Halloween Horror Nights. Guests will face 10 all-new elaborately themed haunted houses, five scare zones and live entertainment as well as enjoy Universal Studios’ most exhilarating rides and attractions. All tickets and vacation packages are now on sale. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
[Source: Universal PR]
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.