Yesterday it was officially announced that Universal Orlando’s CityWalk would open partially on Thursday, May 14, 2020. Previously rumors of it’s opening this week were swirling around even before Disney announced the reopening of Disney Springs. It appears that they were true.
The area will only be open from 4PM -10PM each day, with limited menus available at restaurants.
Here’s what will be open initially:
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant & Market
- Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside seating and Lone Palm area only)
- Red Oven Pizza Bakery
- Voodoo Doughnut
- Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company™ (retail only)
- Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts
- Hollywood Drive-In Golf.
Some of the areas will still remain closed like the nightclubs, Cinemark, and the Blue Man Group. But the Universal Studios Store will reopen as will select Universal merchandise carts.
CDC guidelines will be enforced. Here’s a look at what they are recommending for guests and staff:
Safety measures on the chart:
- Face covering required-Everyone is required to wear a face covering during their visit.
- Wash hands often-Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds.
- Floor markings-When present, please stand on the floor markings until the group in front of you moves forward.
- Temperature check required-Temperature checks will be required upon arrival, and guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be admitted.
- Social distancing-Practice social distancing and keep at least 6 feet (2 meters) between your travel party and others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
Other safety precautions they are taking:
- All Team Members are undergoing temperature checks and will wear face coverings. Team Members with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be permitted to work.
- Limiting capacity at venues to help enforce social distancing. We’ve also placed signage throughout CityWalk to help you follow social distancing guidelines.
- Continuously and thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all tables, chairs and high-touch surfaces
- Offering cashless payments at all venues
Self-parking will be complimentary and there will not be any valet parking available. Also keep in mind that the capacity will be cut down to about 25% as it’s still Phase One of the reopening in the Orlando area.
Universal did way they were going to made adjustments as need and they may open more stores and restaurants. Operation hours are “subject to change” as well.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Source: Universal Orlando