Universal Orlando (UO) is getting ready to host their 30th Halloween Horror Nights (HHN) event running from September 3 – October 31 (Halloween.) The UO executive chef and culinary team have created several new options based on the stories featured in this year’s event including: “The Haunting of Hill House,” “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,” “The Bride of Frankenstein,” and Jack the Clown.
Let’s take a look!
Menu items inspired by Netflix’s “The Haunting of Hill House”:
These options are based on the infamous Red Room tea party.
- Stuffed Brisket Grilled Cheese: Shaved smoked brisket and pepper jack cheese, topped with pickled onions, Davina tomatoes and garlic aioli served on country loaf bread
- Jalapeño Bacon Grilled Cheese: Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeño poppers and cheddar cheese pressed between fresh country loaf bread
- Tempeh Reuben and Sauerkraut: Tempeh, vegan swiss cheese and sauerkraut drizzled with 1000 Island dressing on rye bread
- Poison Tea Party: An iced tea and lemonade-based rum punch with mountain huckleberry and allspice notes
Menu items inspired by “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”:
- Severed Ribs: Delicious sliced sticky ribs with BBQ sauce
Menu items inspired by “The Bride of Frankenstein”:
These items are done in black and white or are themed to Germany.
- Flammkuchen: Crispy flatbread topped with crème fraiche, thinly sliced onions and smoked bacon
- Reibekuchen: Savory potato pancake with apple sauce, crispy pumpernickel crumble, crème fraiche and chives
Inspired by Jack the Clown:
- Jack’d Donut Slider: Black Angus beef patty topped with bacon jam and American cheese on bourbon glazed donuts
- Dr. Pinetti’s Confetti Battered Oreos: Oreo cookies hand dipped in confetti cake batter that are fried until golden and dusted with powdered sugar
- Tiny’s Twinkies: Deep fried hand battered Twinkies with cream filling and topped with powdered sugar
Menu items inspired by the Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin original haunted house:
These are pumpkin inspired / flavored options
- Field of Screams Gyoza: Dumplings filled with spicy ground turkey and butternut squash
- Pumpkin Guts (vegan): Sautéed zucchini and butternut squash noodles with hazelnut “brown butter,” sage, parsley and toasted hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds served out of a squash ring
- Dulce Pumpkin Spiced Churro: A dessert favorite filled with flavors of the season and the popular caramelized milk confection
Menu items inspired by the Revenge of the Tooth Fairy haunted house:
- Bourbon Candied Pork Belly: Skewered thick cut bacon coated in an apple bourbon candy coating
- Monte Cristo Waffle Stick: Waffle on a stick filled with ham and swiss cheese covered in powdered sugar and raspberry melba
- Beer Floats complete with vanilla soft-serve ice cream, whipped cream and topped with either a dried orange wheel or large pieces of peanut brittle
Fan favorite HHN menu items are also returning!
- Pizza Fries: A Halloween Horror Nights staple, these “must-try” fries are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese
- S’mores Fries: Pizza fries with a twist! These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows
- Twisted Tater: Choose from traditional flavors, including Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Ghost Pepper, or try the Blood ‘n Guts Twisted Tater with chili and roasted red pepper queso
Voodoo Doughnut on the Universal CityWalk will also offer some HHN inspired items.
- Dracula’s Kiss yeast doughnut tossed in powdered sugar with a cherry filling.
- Bride of Frankenstein- marble cake doughnut dipped in chocolate and vanilla icing and
What are you looking forward to trying? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.