We now know the dates and more for the 2021 Mardi Gras celebration at Universal Orlando. The event will run from February 6 – March 28, 2021. The focus will be on international Carnaval celebrations!
“Experience an international food fest with cuisine and entertainment inspired by international Carnaval celebrations. Sample the flavors of Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Germany, Spain and other regions including, of course, New Orleans. Plus enjoy spectacular floats on display, street entertainment, music, beads and more throughout the theme park.”
Of course there will be floats (no parades), music, a scavenger hunt, surprises and more!
The Mardi Gras Tribute Store will be offering exclusive merchandise, treats and photo ops:
“Let the good times roll with exclusive in-park merch and photo ops in themed rooms:
- A hopping jazz parlor straight out of the 1920s with dueling pianos and bellowing brass
- A flower-filled nautical cemetery, where many sea captains were laid to rest
- A waterfront warehouse, where all manner of smuggled treasures and trinkets are stashed
- Coming Soon – Food Offerings
If you grow hungry from your travels, you can purchase fresh pastries and other treats. Check back for details.
Coming Soon – Shop Mardi Gras Merch Online“
Of course since COVID-19 is still an issue there are safety guidelines:
“New Safety Guidelines. Same Fun.
We continue to implement enhanced health and safety procedures and those practices will be applied to all experiences taking place during Universal Orlando’s Mardi Gras celebration.
- Guests may remove their face covering while actively eating or drinking, but must be stationary and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Otherwise, Guests must wear face coverings at all times.
- Inside restaurants and in outdoor dining areas we have arranged tables and seating so that guests can safely remove their face coverings while enjoying their dining experience.
- To allow for social distancing, there are no parades or concerts this year.”
You can learn more by visiting Universal Orlando’s website HERE.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.