I just got word from a friend that there will be three resorts closing at Universal Orlando starting on January 1, 2021. Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal’s Aventura Hotel and the Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn will be temporarily shutting down.
Here’s what was sent out by Universal:
“Hotel reservations will be affected by these operational changes if they meet the following criteria:
- Guests with reservations at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort January 1st – February 8th, 2021. For these guests, they will enjoy a complimentary upgrade** to our Premier Hotel Loews Royal Pacific Resort. A modification to the hotel over the same arrival and departure dates will honor the existing room rate, and guests will receive the additional Universal Orlando theme park benefits that come with staying at a Premier Hotel.
- Guests with reservations at Universal’s Aventura Hotel January 1st – June 30th, 2021. For these guests, they will enjoy Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort during their stay. We also wish to extend a $50 Hotel Dining Credit* to use at select Universal Orlando Resort hotel dining outlets during their stay for any inconvenience this may have caused (2-night minimum stay required).
- Guests with reservations at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites January 4th – March 30th, 2021. For these guests, their reservation will be modified to enjoy Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites.
We have stringent new health, safety and hygiene procedures in place. The availability of amenities at the resort hotels may be limited due to increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization. Housekeeping services are contactless; linens will be delivered upon request.
In addition, in an effort to keep our Hotel Guests and Team Members safe, we ask the following from guests before arriving to your hotel:
- Please conduct temperature checks prior to arrival to our destination; if 100.4 degrees or over, stay home until you are feeling better
- Bring your own face covering prior to arrival at the hotel
- Visitors should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting our destination”
Please keep this in mind. If you have any questions contact Universal Orlando or your preferred travel partner.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Source: Far Beyond Infinity Travel Blog
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.