Good news for those of you waiting. “The Child” from the Mandalorian is now available for pre-order at Walmart.com
You can order him for $29.99. By the logo it appears to be made by Mattel and the pre-order is for late May, 2020. But what if you wanted him for Christmas this year? Well, how about this, just like 1977, we made an “Early Bird Certificate” Download that you can print and give this year. You can find that HERE.
His is an 11″ Vinyl head plush toy and here is the info on him:
“Fully embrace the cuteness of the 50-year-old Yoda species with this adorable 11-inch plush toy. He may look like a Baby Yoda, but this lovable creature is referred to as The Child. Inspired by the Disney+ live-action series The Mandalorian, this sweet Star Wars plush toy makes a Force-sensitive addition to your collection. Pictures shown are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly.
Star Wars The Child 11” Plush:
- Age Range: 3 Years and Up
- This 11-inch The Child plush toy will capture the hearts of Star Wars fans everywhere!
- Inspired by the Disney+ series The Mandalorian, the adorable figure with green skin, big ears and large eyes resembles a baby Yoda but is referred to as The Child
- The toy plush has a soft body, plus a sturdy base filled with beans, perfect for cuddling or display as a collectible
- The character wears his robes as seen in the show
- Star Wars fans will love taking on the role of The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter and caring for The Child on their own!
- Pictures shown are for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary slightly”
The Funko Pop! Baby Yoda figures are also up for pre-order:
Funko POP! Star Wars: The Mandalorian – The Child $8.78
These too will ship in late May. The pre-orders for May feel like they threw these prototypes together to get something up. They look good, don’t get me wrong, but it’s odd that they are not even coming until May. For the Funko Pop! maybe, they sometimes have lead time, but this isn’t how it usually goes with the Star Wars toys.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!