In case you missed the announcement, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is opening at the Walt Disney World Resort on Thursday, August 29th. To get everyone in the spirit Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney World Resort hotels are offering some galactic treats inspired by the new “land.”
The Disney Parks Blog has posted some new pictures for us to drool over!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
This includes the return of the popular Lightsaber Churros as well as the debut of a few new items like the Resistance Shake and the Galactic Funnel Cake.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios – All items available starting August 29, 2019
- Lightsaber Churros (various outdoor vending locations) – dusted in either red or blue sugar
- Galaxy Margarita (various outdoor bar locations) – tequila, blue curaçao, and lemon-lime mix
- Two Suns of Tatooine Hummus (Backlot Express) – red pepper hummus topped with fried chick peas, and spicy plant-based meat crumbles and plain hummus topped with cucumber, tomato, onions, and cilantro served with pita chips and greens
- Bantha Skewers (Catalina Eddie’s) – chermoula-marinated beef skewers with cous cous salad topped with yogurt sauce
- Darth Vader Savory Waffles (Hollywood and Vine) – Darth Vader waffles topped with bourbon maple glaze
- A Galaxy Far, Far Away Espresso Mousse (ABC Commissary and PizzeRizzo) – caramel and espresso mousse with chocolate ganache
- Resistance Shake (Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant) – Pineapple Dole Whip and Orange Dole Whip swirl with a sugar rim and topped with a Rebel Alliance chocolate piece
- Galactic Funnel Cake (Epic Eats) – funnel cake with strawberries, cookies and cream crumbles, and candy rocks
Disney Springs and Resort Hotels
Chewbacca Chocolate-Hazelnut Cupcake – Everything POP -Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
A chocolate cupcake filled with chocolate-hazelnut spread and topped with chocolate-hazelnut buttercream and a chocolate candy sash.
Available now through Sept. 21
Wookiee Cake – Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
A chocolate cake filled with caramel custard and topped with chocolate buttercream fur and a chocolate sash.
Available Aug. 29-31
Millennium Falcon Chocolate Pop – Ganachery at Disney Springs
A milk chocolate lollipop shaped like the Millennium Falcon.
Available Aug. 29-Sept. 7
Chewbacca Cake – Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs
This one is too cute! (They keep doing a lot with Chewbacca.)
Full-sized dome cake available for pre-order with options of 4 different flavors. For more information or to place an order, call (407) 934-3500 or swing by the shop at least 72 hours in advance. Available Aug. 29-Sept. 12
The Dark Side Dessert – Beach Club Marketplace and the Market at Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
Red velvet cake with cream cheese swirl and chocolate ganache on top of a sugar cookie.
Available Aug. 29-Sept. 29
Yoda Cone – Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Lime Dole Whip served in a green cone and topped with white chocolate Yoda ears.
Available starting Aug. 29
If you happen to be at the Walt Disney World Resort during these times, make sure you stop and try some of these!
Let us know what you think!
Source: Disney Parks Blog