There is a brand new, limited edition, collectible doll on Shop Disney right now. Princess Jasmine, from Aladdin is the newest release in the Disney Designer Ultimate Princesses Celebration Collection.
This 14″ doll is limited to 9,800.
Jasmine was designed by artist Mark Monterroso who used “The rich scenery of the Sultan’s Palace to present her as a modern, radiant jewel of Agrabah—a collector’s wish come true!”
Let’s take a look!
- Disney Designer Collection Princess Jasmine doll
- Limited Edition of 9,800
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Designer: Mark Monterroso
- Detailed couture gown
- Bejeweled metallic palm frond brooch
- Puff peplum skirt & sleeves with metallic print accents
- Embroidered metallic filigree and gemstone studs on train
- Bare midriff
- ”Agrabah sunset” inspired color scheme
- ”Cave of Wonders” jeweled purse with metal tassel and rhinestone chain
- Hair gems
- Drop earrings
- Molded shoes
- Fully poseable
- Display stand included
- Comes in elegant window display packaging with gatefold cover, foil decoration, and magnetic closure
- Inspired by Disney’s animated classic Aladdin (1992)
- Part of the Disney Ultimate Princess Celebration Collection
- Ages 6+
- Polyvinyl chloride / plastic / polypropylene / polyoxymethylene / polyester
- Jasmine: 14” H
- Box: 16” H x 12” W x 5 1/2” D”
About the artist:
“A Los Angeles native, Mark Monterroso grew up in Atwater Village and graduated with a degree in Graphic Design. For the past eight years he has worked as a designer leading an apparel team at Disney’s Creative Campus in Glendale where he channeled his talent into creating this limited edition Princess Jasmine doll.
Princess Jasmine was the first Disney Princess to resonate with Mark because of her darker features. He saw them as a reflection of himself. But it was not Princess Jasmine’s natural beauty–but her strong will to make choices for herself–that made an impression. Not to mention, he loves the Princess’s quick wit and humor, a trait he shares with the heroine.”
She is currently available on Shop Disney, but I don’t expect her to last too much longer.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.