Today, during a meeting of the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force, SeaWorld presented their plans for reopening to Mayor Jerry Demings and the rest of the group.
The meeting was led by George Aguel, President of Visit Orlando and co-chair of the committee. It was turned over to Tim Guliani for presentations.
Marc Swanson, Interim CEO, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, Kyle Miller President of SeaWorld Orlando and Brad Gilmour VP of Operations, Discovery Cove developed the presentation.
During their presentation they offered the following information
The park will open on June 10th for employees and June 11th for the public
Here’s what they are going to do in order to re-open:
- Face Coverings will be required for employees and guests. If you don’t have one they will provide one.
- Signage will be in place for physical distancing
- Contactless payment systems
- Plexiglass will be installed for safety
- Cleaning and Sanitation will be more increased
- Increased hand sanitizing stations throughout park
- Temperature screenings- must pass to enter the park
- Employees who are sick or become sick will be told to stay home or sent home
- Employees will have enhanced training on COVID-19 protocols
- Tickets will be scanned through plexiglass. Contactless
- Restaurants will be modified for social distancing.
- Dedicated entrances, and exits within stores.
- Social distancing markers
- Touchless options
- Animal Exhibits
- Social Distancing will be marked.
- Sanitizing hand rails
- Physical Distancing tours
Enhanced screening and cleaning
- Social distancing and spacing
- Hand sanitizer before and after attraction
- enhanced cleaning
- Will be cleaned and santized
- social distancing
Water Park Areas
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of rides, life-vests, etc.
- Physical distancing
You can watch the video below:
Protocols for Field Inspections:
The plan was approved by the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force now the Mayor will send it to the Governor’s Office for final approval.
What do you think? Comment and let us know.