This year the runDisney Wine & Dine event has been moved to a virtual race format over coronavirus pandemic concerns. Those registered for the in person race, with a United States mailing address will be given the choice of doing their race virtually or receiving a refund. Those without a United States mailing address will receive a refund.
“Previously registered runners of the 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend have until August 5 to choose if they would like to participate in the virtual event.”
Now runDisney has announced they will be reopening a limited number of Registrations for the runs on July 30th.
A wickedly delicious VIRTUAL event! Want to channel your inner Disney Villain and participate in #WineDineVirtual? Now you can! We are opening a limited number of additional registration opportunities at 10 a.m. EDT on July 30 for this fall event – click here for more info:
— runDisney (@runDisney) July 28, 2020
There are runners that won’t be able to participate due to being located outside the country and some runners don’t want to do virtual races so those cancellations will likely be the source of new registration openings for other people.
We also have a look at the themes for the four different races, the 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, and Two Course Challenge.
Here are the medals!
- Kronk and Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove for the Disney Wine & Dine 5K
- Ursula from The Little Mermaid for the Disney Wine & Dine 10K
- The Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
- Oogie Boogie and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas for the Two Course Challenge
- Captain Hook and Smee from Peter Pan for the runDisney Kids Races
Here are the weekend tech shirts:
I’m so excited because I couldn’t go this year. I hope I can snag and entry!
What do you think? Comment and let us know!