ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING REPORT IS A RUMOR. PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING STORY WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.
Marvel’s latest blockbuster, Thor: Love and Thunder, will be releasing next week. The fourth and presumably final film in the Thor series looks to be a wild ride with Thor’s ex-girlfriend, Jane Foster (Played by: Natalie Portman) having powers equal to his. Now they must work together to stop Gorr the God Butcher (Played by: Christian Bale) before he completes his quest to kill all gods.
Not too long ago the film had its red carpet debut. And of course from those debuts there usually comes some sort of whispers of what happens in the film itself.
Recently on the r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers thread of Reddit someone decided to “leak” some details from the film. As the film is not yet out these cannot be 100% confirmed. But some of these are rather surprising.
ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING SECTION CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILERS. YOU MAY CONTINUE READING AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
The editor in this thread (Tails_of_the_Trivial) posted a number of plot points that are said to have come from the new film.
– Jane Foster is dying of cancer. She becomes the new welder of Thor’s hammer, Mjölnir, and while in her Thor form is no longer sick. However the power drains her human life force and whenever she de-transforms it makes her cancer worse.
– Gorr is searching for the god Eternity after he lost his family. Gorr wants them back, but he can’t find Eternity. Instead, Gorr will discover the sword that is able to destroy gods and he swears to kill them all.
– Thor, Jane, and Valkyrie will try to warn Zeus, but Zeus is actually evil and Thor is captured. Valkery at some point will steal Zeus’ Lightning powers.
– The three heroes fight Gorr, with Jane destroying the Mjolnir once again to defeat Gorr. Jane dies as a result of the cancer and Gorr is moved by her actions. His daughter is brought back to life somehow, but Gorr ends up dying as well.
– The film ends with Thor and Gorr’s daughter leaving together to set out on a new adventure.
– Mid Credits sequence shows Zeus sending out Hercules to kill Thor
– Post Credit sequence shows Jane being welcomed into Valhalla by Heimdall.
A rather depressing note to end the film on. But it does tease that Chris Hemsworth may not be finished as Thor after all. Plus this means we will also see Hercules introduced into the MCU.
Though some of these plot details line up with what we’ve seen in the trailers we can’t count them as fact until the film releases next week.
What do you think? Do these details sound accurate? Are you still planning on seeing Thor Love and Thunder in theaters?
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.