As some places continue to not sell annual passes, Universal Orlando offers more benefits to their passholders. Starting May 1st, they added a seasonal exclusive entrance to Islands of Adventure for most of May. Recently, Universal Orlando unveiled a few more seasonal benefits for most of the month of May. These benefits are in addition to the usual annual pass benefits such as free parking, discounts on almost all food/beverage and merchandise purchases, and early park admission to name a few. In fairness, those benefits vary based on the level of annual pass purchased.
So, what new seasonal benefits through May 26th have been added?
- The often-coveted UOAP magnet returns for this season. Passholders can receive one free UOAP themed magnet. These may be picked up at the UOAP Lounge in Studios Styles in Universal Studios Florida during operating hours and Toon Extra in Universal’s Islands of Adventure from park open until park close.
- The exclusive passholder dining areas return for this time. Passholders can enjoy exclusive upstairs dining spaces and exclusive menu items at Confisco Grille in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Lombard’s Seafood Grille in Universal Studios Florida. Passholders should be advised when making reservations to mention being a passholder so you’re sure to be seated in the VIP section. These areas offer some good views of the theme parks.
- Annual passholders get reduced rates for hotel bookings through June 1st. However, this perk, though great, lacks being new since it has been available all along. Universal Orlando offers annual pass rates all the time.
- However, the new seasonal perk with most interest for me involves seasonal food items. During my last trip to Universal Orlando, the chefs informed me of most of these seasonal options available until May 26th.
In CityWalk, passholders can purchase the following seasonal items:
The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen
- Strawberries & Cream French Toast
French Toast stuffed with citrus agave flavored Mascarpone cheese, topped with fresh chocolate covered strawberries, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and a strawberry Sauce – $12.95 + tax
VIVO Italian Kitchen
- Penne Salmone
Penne pasta, smoked salmon, asparagus tips all tossed in a creamy saffron sauce – $23.00 + tax
- Mango Ginger Kiss
Glazed yeast shell doughnut, mango custard filling, topped with ginger icing and crystalized ginger – $3.75 + tax
At Universal Studios Florida, passholders may purchase the following seasonal menu items:
- Chinatown Fries
Furikake seasoned crispy fries, Sriracha garlic aioli, scallions – $12.00 + tax
Finnegan’s Bar & Grill
- Irish Boxty Style Potatoes
With crisped corned beef, Leichester cheese, scallions, spiced apple chutney, dill cream – $11.95 + tax
Over at Islands of Adventure, passholders can find these seasonal exclusive menu items:
- Dan Dan Noodles
Spicy Sichuan noodles, shaved beef, chili oil, bok choy, peanuts and scallions – $21.95 + tax
- Seared Halloumi Cheese
On the vine roasted tomatoes, crunchy pita bread, basil pesto – $13.00 + tax
If you are an annual passholder or interested in buying one, these seasonal benefits may be yours. Yet, Universal Orlando once again shows they are at least trying to appreciate their annual passholders. If you visit Universal Orlando between now and May 26th, these seasonal perks might make you feel valued as a customer at the theme park.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.