LEGO has announced they will be releasing a new R2-D2 set on May 1, 2021. This new set is 12.5″ tall, has a retractable mid-leg, rotating head, opening hatches, a moveable periscope, and Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber hidden in his head.
The set has 2,314 pieces and comes with a buildable display stand that has an information plaque, a small R2-D2 Lego figure and a Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary LEGO brick.
Here’s the write up for the piece:
- Build and display this fantastically detailed, new-for-May-2021, LEGO® brick model of an iconic character from the Star Wars™ saga: R2-D2 (75308).
- Authentic features include a retractable mid-leg, rotating head, opening and extendable front hatches and adjustable periscope, plus a lightsaber hidden in a compartment in the head.
- Includes a buildable display stand with an information plaque, LEGO® Star Wars™ R2-D2 LEGO droid figure and a special Lucasfilm 50th anniversary LEGO brick.
- This premium-quality set is part of a series of collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ build-to-display models.
- Offering a challenging and rewarding build, this 2,315-piece set makes an awesome birthday present, holiday gift or surprise treat for any Star Wars™ connoisseur and LEGO® Star Wars lover.
- Measuring over 12.5 in. (31 cm) high, 7.5 in. (20 cm) wide and 6 in. (15 cm) deep, this collectible, brick-built R2-D2 model makes an impressive centerpiece in a home or workplace.
- Thinking of buying this set for a Star Wars™ memorabilia collector who is new to LEGO® building? Don’t worry. It comes with clear instructions so they can tackle this complex build with confidence.
- Collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ sets for adults are designed for discerning hobbyists who enjoy DIY projects to disconnect from their day-to-day lives in a mindful, creative and fun way.
- LEGO® components meet rigorous industry standards to ensure compatibility and a simple, secure connection every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are tested in almost every way imaginable to make sure that they satisfy stringent global safety standards.”
This piece will be available on May 1st, 2021.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.