Anyone else on the fence about Tony’s Nano Tech suit in Infinity War? I prefer the older suits that looked like … well, suits of armor. I know the suit in the comics looks very similar, but may it is just because I like when Iron Man looks like a walking tank rather than a T-1000.
My attitude towards the suit has changed a bit now that I’ve seen what Hot Toys is doing with it. The toymaker is going to issue a new 1/6th scale take on the armor that introduces a color scheme that is genuinely pretty sweet. It looks less Marvel and more Evangelion.
Taking design inspiration toward the futuristic and aerodynamic aesthetic, Hot Toys’ Neon Tech series has skillfully recreated the signature and breathtaking armors that appear in MCU and merged them with glowing neon works. Sideshow and Hot Toys present the exciting Neon Tech Iron Man 4.0 Sixth Scale Collectible Figure as Hot Toys 2021 Toy Fair Exclusive item!
Stands approximately 32cm tall, the brand-new diecast figure inspired by the appearance of Iron Man Mark L in Avengers: Infinity War features a streamlined suit of armors with asymmetrical patterns; beautifully polished in shiny black, grey, and bright neon orange color with luminous reflective patterns appearing under specialized LED light, also a selection of fine armor parts composed in translucent matte material enhancing the overall appearance; LED light-up functions scattered throughout the armor; Iron Man’s signature weapons including interchangeable LED light-up Nano Repulsor Cannon, Hand Cannon, Nano Boosters, Energy Blade, Holo Shield, and specially designed figure stand.
Keep in mind this is just a recolor of a previous release, but you still get all the same accessories and features.
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Man Mark L armor in Avengers: Infinity War
- A helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- 21 LED light-up points throughout parts of the armor (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of articulated air flaps at back of the armor
- One (1) detachable chest armor to reveal interior mechanical design
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of battle hands with light-up repulsor (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of hands for holding weapons
- Articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- One (1) LED light-up Nano Repulsor Cannon (white light, battery operated) (interchangeable with right arm)
- One (1) Hand Cannon (interchangeable with left arm)
- One (1) pair of Nano Boosters (attachable onto figure’s back)
- One (1) Energy Blade
- One (1) Holo Shield
This black and red version of Stark’s armor will be released between September and November this year. This version of the Nano Tech suit is limited one-per-customer. As with many of Hot Toys’ premium figures, this one is on the pricier end. The 1/6th scale figure comes in at $405. Click here to secure your pre-order.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.