If there’s one good thing you can say about Disney’s canon-killing cash-in known as Obi-Wan Kenobi is that it helps get more premium collectibles out to the market. OK, the Reva Force FX lightsaber campaign failed, but Hot Toys doesn’t rely on those cheap tactics. No, that company delivers products without reaching a set number of preorders.
Sideshow Collectibles has opened up preorders for the newest Obi-Wan Kenobi figure; this one, of course, is based on Ewan McGregor’s appearance in the Disney+ series. He’s a little older. He’s a bit rusty when it comes to the Force. But he’s still Obi-Wan for the most part. Hot Toys figures always look great, regardless of the quality of the IP the collectible is based on.
The $295 Special Edition Obi-Wan comes with rocks. Seriously. The display base features a bunch of levitating rocks that recreate the weird rock-throwing battle Kenobi has with Darth Vader during the first season’s finale. So what’s with Disney Star Wars and rocks?
Don’t expect Obi-Wan to say “Hello there” to you soon. This figure won’t arrive until sometime between October 2023 and March 2024.
Old Ben will come with the following features and accessories:
- Newly developed head sculpt equipped with separate eyeball rolling feature
- Highly-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, beard, and skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30.5 cm tall
- Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of relax hands
- One (1) pair of force using hands
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- Two (2) pieces of gesture left hands
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) dark brown-colored Jedi robe
- One (1) brown-colored tunic
- One (1) beige-colored under-tunic
- One (1) brown-colored belt with pistol holster
- One (1) pair of brown-colored pants
- One (1) pair of brown-colored boots
- One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (USB power operated)
- One (1) blue lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
- One (1) lightsaber hilt
- One (1) pistol
- One (1) LO-LA59 droid
- One (1) binoculars
- One (1) hologram figure of Bail Organa
- One (1) holoprojector
- Specially designed rocky diorama figure stand with floating stones
Is this version of Ben worth picking up? In the comments section below, let us know your thoughts.
[Source: Sideshow Collectibles]
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.