Disney Parks Blog released information on Disneyland’s newest nighttime event called: Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion. This all new event will only take place on three nights: June 23, 28, and 30th at California Adventure. This is a separately ticketed event that occurs after the park closes for the day for guests.
Disney explains that this will be a reunion party celebrating past and present decades. During the event, there are a lot of unique experiences to be had including entertainment, park attraction access, unique cafeteria food, and other surprises!
Some of the entertainment offerings are:
- a moving pep rally that runs down the parade route complete with Mickey’s glee club and Goofy’s Dance team accompanied by the All-American College Band
- In Cars Land, 60s dance party with DJ “Hot Rod” and dance instructor “Cam” teaching guests the Hully Gully and other 60s dances
- In Hollywood Land, a DJ will spin present day tracks for an epic dance party
- In the Pacific Wharf, retro karaoke to the hits of the 70s and 80s
- Mickey, Minnie, and friends will appear in their graduation cap and gown outfits along with picture opportunities for guest aboard a school bus
Nostalgic Food Offerings:
Many of the quick service dining locations around California Adventure will be offering unique cafeteria style food to remind you of your school days. Mobile ordering will be available at select locations through the Disneyland app. Some of these foods are only available during this event! Here’s some of the unique cafeteria style offerings available during the event.
- Cheeseburger Mac Burger from Smokejumpers Grill in Grizzly Peak which boasts two burger Pattie’s smothered in Cheeseburger Mac, burger sauce, and place atop crinkle cut fries
- It’s Like a Unicorn Raspberry Cheesecake Ration from Terran Treats near Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout which is a yellow raspberry flavored spiral churro with cheesecake icing
- At Award Wieners in Hollywood Land enjoy the OG Hot Dog which consists of a foot long all beef hot dog wrapped in bacon smothered in grilled onions, spicy ketchup, mustard, mayo, and pickled jalapeño relish served with filmstrip fries or mandarin oranges
- Schmoozies in Hollywood Land will have the All That and a Berry Cereal Shake – vanilla ice cream with crunchy cereal topped with whipped cream and berry cereal
- Pym Test Kitchen will have the Stupendous Sriracha & Bacon Pizza Slice which includes candied bacon and fried eggs served with a kale Caesar salad
- The Cozy Cone Motel will have the Cherry Cone-vertible which is vanilla ice cream served in a cinnamon bread cone adorned with warm cherries
- Bling Bling Cereal Churro at Goofy’s Churro Cart: a classic churro with chocolate cookie crumble topped with cereal and condensed milk
With your ticket you will be able to enter California Adventure three hours before the event to experience all the attractions you can. Disney encourages party attire for the event including showing you school spirit!
Tickets start at $150 per person and the event runs from 8pm to midnight with guests being able to enter California Adventure at 5pm.
This event sounds like a blast! Please let us know about your experience if you go to this event!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.