Today Disney owned eateries and stores will reopen at Disney Springs including the World of Disney store. In anticipation of this store and other Disney Stores reopening, Shop Disney has put up a “Know Before You Go” section on their site. This includes the list of social distancing guidelines and safety precautions for their phased reopenings. All of these are “… based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.”
Here’s what it says:
“We have taken enhanced health and safety measures– for you, our other guests, and cast members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Disney Store.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Disney Store, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy and safe.”
Here is the list of Important Safety Measures they are taking:
- Face Masks are required for entry
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distancing
- When coughing or sneezing covery your mouth and nose
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Frequent cleaning throughout the day
- In-store occupancy will be limited and monitored
- Special Hours will vary. Check our Store Locator page for information about your local store
- We accept contactless payment
- In-store events have been postponed until a future date. Check the Store Locator page for updates about events in the future
- Product availability will vary in store. Some Limited Edition, Limited Release Items and Keys may not be available in store at this time.
I am kind of curious how they are handling the last one. I know a lot of people were waiting for the Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction until the stores reopened because we were being told that the collections during the shut-down would be coming to the stores as well. But it sounds like that might end up being an issue.
Here is their FAQ Section:
“What are Disney stores doing in response to COVID-19?
In accordance with guidance from health authorities, we’re implementing the following health and safety measures:
- Implementing a phased reopening approach to determine when it is appropriate to reopen each Disney store location
- Reducing store hours and Disney store capacities to help facilitate physical distancing
- Relocating fixtures, furniture and products to make navigating the store easier
- Implementing a requirement that face coverings be worn by Guests ages 2 and up and Cast Members while in the Disney store
- Ensuring easy access to hand sanitizers for Guests and Cast Members
- Temporarily pausing Opening Ceremony and in-store events
- Enhancing our cleaning procedures throughout the day
- Deploying new training and health screening protocols for Cast Members“
Keep this all in mind when returning to Disney Springs World of Disney store today.
What do you think?
Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered blog that objectively covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.