Today we are bringing you another Disney recipe. This one comes from Disney Family and it is incredibly cute and perfect for spring or Easter. Mad Tea Party Dessert Cups.
These dessert cups are made from dipping a small balloon in chocolate. When finished they can be used to hold cold desserts like puddings, fruit, ice cream, mousse, etc.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- 2 Cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- 1 12-Oz. package white candy melts
- 1 12-Oz. package colored candy melts
- 6 small water balloons
- Parchment paper
- Next, start on the teacups. Blow up the water balloons with air until they are about 5” wide in diameter. Tie with a knot and set aside.
2. In 2 medium, microwave-safe bowls, melt the white and colored candy melts separately, according to package instructions. Make sure that all the chips are melted, but do not overheat.
3. Dip a balloon in the colored melts to a depth of about 3”. Use the inside edge of the mixing bowl to scrape off any excess melted candy from the base of the dipped balloon. Place the balloon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat this step for all 6 balloons, then allow the melted candy on the balloons to set completely (for about 20-25 minutes).
4. Dunk each dipped balloon in melts a second time, now in the white melts. Dip 1/4” below the top edge of the melted color candy. Use the inside edge of the mixing bowl to scrape off any excess melted candy from the base of the dipped balloon. Place the balloon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat this step for all 6 balloons, then allow the white candy melt layer to set completely (for about 20-25 minutes).
5. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of the colored melts onto parchment paper. Use the back of the measuring spoon to spread the dollop into a 2 1/2” circle. While the candy is still warm, place a double-dipped balloon in the center of this circle to create a small saucer for the teacup. Repeat this step for all the remaining balloons.
6. Using the remaining melted colored candy, make the teacup details using a toothpick. Use the toothpick to draw the cup designs and handles on parchment paper. Allow the details and handle to harden completely before attaching.
7. Use small dabs of melted white candy melts at the tip of a toothpick to attach the designs and handle to the teacups. Let everything set.
8. Very carefully, pierce the balloons with toothpicks. Remove the balloons and discard.
9. Fill cups with cold treat of your choice. Then let the party begin!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.