Today on Good Morning America (GMA) nine current and former Disney on Broadway stars appeared together on the show via a zoom room to sing “Go the Distance,” from the massively underrated Disney film Hercules.
The performers in the video are:
- Heather Headly – Nala in The Lion King and Aida in Aida
- Ciara Renée – Esmerelda in The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Elsa in Frozen
- Jelani Alladin – Kristoff in Frozen and Hercules in Hercules
- L Steven Taylor – Mufasa in The Lion King
- Adrienne Walker – Nala in The Lion King
- McKenzie Kurtz – Anna in Frozen
- Michael James Scott – Genie in Aladdin
- Ryan McCartan – Hans in Frozen
- James Monroe Igelhart – Genie in Aladdin
My daughter just adores Hercules, in fact she was watching it just yesterday.
It’s a very scary time right now and a lot of people are scared, upset, and feeling isolated. But in among it are more and more amazing moments, like this, that we might never have gotten any other time.
My daughter came running when she heard the song playing and stood, watching over my shoulder, incredibly excited because she could see it.
That is where Disney magic still lies, even if some people at Disney seem to have forgotten what it was.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.