It seems every time you look another company is trying to jump on the NFT wagon. Twitter has recently offered NFTs, much to the chagrin of users, and now Disney is hiring a Manager of Business Development that will “lead efforts in the NFT space.”
That’s right, Disney is trying to go NFT, because why leave any possible money on the table and we know they’re doubling down on the Metaverse too. It’s one of the new three “Strategic Pillars.”
Bob Chapek has already discussed it in regards to the second pillar “innovation”:
“…continue as technology evolves, giving our creative teams new canvases like the metaverse on which to paint. We should be especially innovative as we seek to bring stories to life in new ways—particularly if they enhance what many call our “franchise ecosystem,” which is one of the things that sets us apart.”
That seems to be where this job is coming in.
Here’s the job description via WDWNT:
Here is the job summary:
As a Manager of Business Development, you will be an essential player on the Digital Experiences team, responsible for developing and ensuring execution of Disney’s Digital Experiences distribution strategy, identifying and securing incremental revenue opportunities, and overseeing select relationships in the technology sector. You will help lead Disney’s efforts in the NFT space including monitoring the evolving marketplace, setting category strategy, and managing key partners.
Here are the responsibilities:
- Provide fiscal responsibility for assigned categories and business segments (setting annual operating plan targets, obtaining and reviewing quarterly forecasts)
- Identify growth opportunities by category, franchise, and distribution and implement new deals to fill gaps
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities by analyzing accounts, company performance and determine growth objectives that align with segment initiatives
- Negotiate financial deal points and other material terms on new deals and renewals
- Track/analyze category trends and market data to maximize Disney’s business in each segment
- Provide direction and ongoing support to dedicated licensees and partners
- Develop/contribute to internal and external presentations
- Work with Product Development team to build line plans and ensure that rights are maximized
- Build solid relationships with other Disney teams and departments; share and exchange best practices
- Ensure licensee products reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- Report to the Sr Manager, Business Development
I have to say at this point I’m wondering what’s left for the Sr. Manager to even do.
- Minimum 5 yrs. Licensing and/or Business Development experience
- Knowledge of and passion for Digital and NFT categories
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote
- Analytical/Strategic Thinker
I hope Disney is ready for the incoming social media meltdowns over them wanting to do NFTs.
You can learn more and apply HERE.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.