Today, in a press release on Walt Disney World News, Disney announced the dates for the upcoming “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” and the date tickets will go on sale. A few key takes from the announcement are that tickets will go on sale to the public on June 15. Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels will be able to purchase tickets beginning June 8. Tickets will range from $129 to $199 plus tax. DVC Members and Annual Passholders will be offered a $10 discount in the months of August and September.
Lastly, guest who were hoping to attend the event, before or after the 50th Anniversary Celebration kick off on October 1, will be disappointed. The last event before the October 1 will be the Friday before on September 24. Following the kick off event, the next After Hours event will be October 5. I am among the disappointed, as I will be heading down a couple days before October 1 and leaving a couple days after.
The “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” will last 23 days, which is a much shorter time span, as we had come accustomed to with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in years past. Nevertheless, I am sure this will be a great event and will be a much welcomed celebration given the past year and a half.
Check out the full press release below:
Separately ticketed special event will feature candy, characters and more spooky delights for the whole family
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (June 2, 2021) – A new Halloween-themed event is spiriting its way into Magic Kingdom Park this fall at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” will take place select nights Aug. 10 – Oct. 31, 2021, from 9 p.m. to midnight*.
Spooky fun for the whole family will include:
- Special cavalcades full of characters popping up throughout the night including “Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade” featuring Mickey Mouse and friends dressed for the occasion. In the “Disney Villains Halloween Cavalcade,” villains will take to the street and celebrate their favorite time of the year. “Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade” will feature Jack Skellington, Sally and Oogie Boogie riding down the parade path to “This Is Halloween.” Maleficent will also make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon.
- Favorite friends lurking about, from the lovely Miss Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion to Goofy and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their Halloween best, with other surprise guests spotted across the park. Guests can also stop and listen to the Cadaver Dans during performances on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Complimentary snacks such as ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages included in event admission.
- Less wait times at 20 attractions including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion attraction, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- A variety of specialty food and drinks available for purchase.
- Apple Ginger Dale, apple cider mixed with ginger ale and topped with whipped cream
- Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake**
- Disney PhotoPass available to capture magical and spooky shots throughout the night.
Decorations on Main Street, U.S.A., will receive a magical transformation during event nights in October. Walt Disney Imagineering, in partnership with the Walt Disney World Resort Holiday Services team, will blend a fall look with the enchanting story of Cinderella by creating special pumpkin coach decorations. This new décor will add to the park’s sparkling EARidescence during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” that begins Oct. 1, honoring the 50thanniversary of Walt Disney World.
All foolish mortals can dress in costume for “Disney After Hours Boo Bash,” and can get their fill of Halloween candy while trick-or-treating around the park. Costume masks are not permitted for adults; they can only be worn by children under 14 years old. Guests should check DisneyWorld.com/Updates as well as the Walt Disney World Resort Costume Policy for more information. Health and safety measures, policies and operational guidelines are subject to change.
“Disney After Hours Boo Bash” is a limited-capacity and separately ticketed event that does not require an additional day’s theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass reservation. Tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom as early as 7 p.m., giving guests time to enjoy even more magic before the event begins.
Tickets for this hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event will go on sale June 15 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can book their tickets as early as June 8. Tickets start at $129 – $139, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount for event nights in August and September. A limited number of tickets are available, so get yours soon!
Dates for “Disney After Hours Boo Bash”
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 22, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
For more information about Walt Disney World Resort, visit WDWNews.com or DisneyParksBlog.com.
*Some event nights in August and September will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
**Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake will be on sale outside event hours Oct. 1-Nov. 1.
Are you looking forward to the “Disney After Hours Boo Bash”? What are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below!
Book your next Walt Disney World vacation with Far Beyond Infinity Travel. Contact us today to get started planning your next Magical Vacation at no additional cost to you. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org you can fill out a no-obligation quote request.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.