We finally have the pricing and ticket sale date for the upcoming Destination D event from D23. The event will run November 19-21 at Walt Disney World at the Contemporary Resort.
The tickets will go on sale Thursday, July 29 at 1PM EST/ 10 AM PST. The virtual waiting room will open at the same time.
General Seating is $249 (plus $7 processing fee)
Preferred Seating is $399 (plus $7 processing fee)
All guests will receive access to the following D23-exclusive experiences:
- Guaranteed seats at all panels and presentations
- Destination D23-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- All-new exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- Special Screening on Friday
- Disney+ Party on Sunday evening
- Specialty gift created exclusively for the event
In addition, a limited number of preferred seating tickets will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These tickets will include a dedicated queue for a reserved seating area at the front of the ballroom.
An extremely limited number of specially priced rooms and theme park tickets will be available to D23 Members who purchase Destination D23 tickets. Further details will be included in the ticket purchase confirmation email.”
Here are the presentation highlights that have been released so far:
“Presentation Highlights of Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- A kickoff welcome presentation with Bob Chapek, CEO, The Walt Disney Company.
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products—Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share what’s new and what’s next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. The exclusive presentation will feature updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world. And as D23 Members know, there is always a surprise or two in store!
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+!
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World— Dive into the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections for a look at over 50 years of the most gorgeous, stunning, and surprising artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth over the years.
- The Magical Musical World of Encanto—Join filmmakers and special guests for a melodic Saturday evening celebration of the upcoming musical, the 60th animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios!
- Weird Disney World—The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns, as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline digs into Disney history to bring you a half century of the wildest and wackiest Walt Disney World moments!
- How the (Disney) World Began—Join Kevin Kern and Steven Vagnini, authors and historians behind A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth and Disney Legend Dick Nunis for a look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Vacation Kingdom of the World.
- Park Stars: Original Characters of Walt Disney World—Figment, Big Al, the Orange Bird, and Teddi Barra are just a few of the many Disney characters created specifically for Walt Disney World. Join Imagineers Diana Brost and Jason Grandt as they take you on a journey around the “world” to meet many of the fun personalities that appear in Walt Disney World attractions and shows.
Exciting Experiences at Destination D23 2021 will include*:
- The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic—An all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives takes you through a half-century journey of merchandise memories of the Walt Disney World Resort. From figurines and fanny packs to pins and plush, relive each exciting decade through the souvenirs that brought the Vacation Kingdom of the World home!
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a RSP opportunity.**
- Special Film Screening—On Friday, November 19, event guests will also be invited to a special screening at Disney Springs.**
- Disney+ Party—Join Disney+ for the grand finale of an incredible weekend with a special celebration you can’t miss!
Plus, more presenters and presentations to be announced soon!
*Please be advised: All schedules, events, and merchandise are subject to change without notice. For the enjoyment of all attendees, access in and out of the Fantasia ballroom may be limited during presentations.
**For the convenience of our event guests, you will be offered the opportunity to reserve a shopping window for Mickey’s of Glendale on Friday, as well as a show time for your screening at Disney Springs on Friday. Details to come closer to the event.
If you can’t attend there will be some parts will be live streamed.
You can learn more at the D23 page HERE.
What do you think? Comment and let us know!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.