We finally have a release date for the Avengers: Endgame digital and Blu-ray.
Digital will release on July 30th and then 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand will release on August 13.
Of course there will be special features:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
So they are re-releasing the film to theaters this weekend with some of the “bonus content” listed above. I’m also hearing the bonus scenes that will be shown this weekend, at the re-release, are rough and weren’t finished. Personally I would just wait the month to buy it on digital and get all the finished features instead of going to the theater…again. Holding my pee the first time was enough for me.
If I’m being completely honest I am starting to get a bit annoyed with Disney. We just got yet another price hike at the parks. Now they are re-releasing Endgame a couple of months after the original release that’s apparently slapped together for yet another cash grab and the home video version right behind it. It’s just starting to feel like consumers aren’t so much valued customers but a walking payday. I don’t want to feel that way about Disney, but I’m starting to.
Either way, if you are an Avengers: Endgame fan you have another chance to go to theaters to see it. Or you can buy it on digital/home video shortly.
What do you think? Comment and let us know.
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.