Well, what in the Outer Rim do we have here? Looks like an incredible experience awaits otherworldly guests who step aboard the Halcyon Cruiser in the anxiously awaited Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
The first promotional poster is out, and it looks quite amazing. Jam-packed with promises of a wild galactic trip, and some little teasers too, of what is to come.
“Many Bothans died to bring us this information.” Ok, not quite. But many Imagineers have been working furiously to bring us this amazing experience!
Disney Parks Blog explains what we are looking at in this very busy and exciting poster, and what Guests can expect they they board the cruiser for their two-night journey to a galaxy far, far away:
- The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which Guests will get to enjoy during their vacation. (Side note: Guests can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
- There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent Guests, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about their choices and how they live their personal Star Wars stories. Do they want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for Guests to discover and decide.
- In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … we bet there’s a story there, too.
- In the lower left, Guests see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
- The image in the lower right is something to be incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of the experience, Guests will face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
- Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … one might have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
- And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. We’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …
Disney Parks Blog went on to tease a conversation with some of the key Imagineers who are creating this experience, which will be shared with all of us excited (and maybe a bit impatient) fans sometime soon.
Until then, fans can www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com and sign up to receive updates on this experience as they are released.
Are you planning a trip aboard the Halcyon? It may cost you a few galactic credits, but it promises to be worth the price!
Pirates & Princesses (PNP) is an independent, opinionated fan-powered news blog that covers Disney and Universal Theme Parks, Themed Entertainment and related Pop Culture from a consumer's point of view. Opinions expressed by our contributors do not necessarily reflect the views of PNP, its editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. PNP is an unofficial news source and has no connection to The Walt Disney Company, NBCUniversal or any other company that we may cover.